: Miguel Calo
: Bandoneón player, director, composer
: 1907 - 1972
- It is considered that Caló's orchestra epitomized good taste in the first half of the 1940s, more than any other orchestra - refined, good taste, quintessential tango
- He was formally trained on the violin and the Bandoneón
- He started work in the late 1920s - during this time he played in significant orchestras, as a bandoneonist
- In 1929 he created his first orchestra
- In the same year he disbanded that orchestra, to join another on a tour of Spain
- 1932, conducting his own orchestra, marks his first recording
- He consolidated his orchestra in 1934, which marks his first stage appearance
- 1961 marks a pivotal moment in Calo's career - he created the orchestra Miguel Caló y su Orquesta de las Estrellas (Miguel Caló and his All Star Orchestra)
- Only the best musicians were selected
- This orchestra will be remembered as one of the best tango orchestras
- The orchestra broke up in 1945 and the artists went to other orchestras, none of which were considered as good
- Calo died in May 1972 - it is considered that no good tango night is complete without Calo
May we assist you in purchasing a beautiful pair of tango shoes?
ON THIS WEBSITE WE HAVE A HUGE VARIETY OF WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TANGO SHOES.
Please feel free to browse...