: Beatriz Adriana Lichinchi
: 1952 -
- Adriana Varela was born in Buenos Aires, and is regarded as one of the main Argentinean tango singers of the modern era, even admired by many non-tango listeners
- She not sings beautifully, but she is sensual as we – both physically and personally
- In 1991 her career began with a side called ‘Tangos’
- In 1993 she launched her second album ‘Maquillaje’ in which the signer Roberto Goyeneche and the pianist Virgilio Expsito perform – she was awarded a Premio ACE award for this album two years in a row
- Ironically there was some very strong resistance to her from tango ‘traditionalists’
- Between 1991 and 1996 she recorded three more albums, the last of which (Tango En Vivo) was recorded live at the Coliseo Theatre in Buenos Aires
- She also performed a recital in the woods of Palermo before 50000 people
- Between 1996 and 1998 she participated in famous tango festivals – including La Mar De Músicas in Cartagena, the Porto Alegre festival, and the Grec Festival in Barcelona – at the latter she got a standing ovation lasting several minutes
- She participated in singing in the group Bajofondo
- She also had some minor roles in movies
- Varela created the musical opening for the movie ‘Tango’
- She had a strong left-wing political position
- She is regarded as a very sought-after star and best seller in Argentina
- Varela appears often in Buenos Aires venues
- All in all she has released 7 albums between 1991 and 2006
May we assist you in purchasing a beautiful pair of tango shoes?
ON THIS WEBSITE WE HAVE A HUGE VARIETY OF WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TANGO SHOES.
Please feel free to browse...