: Rodolfo Biagi
: pianist, director, composer
: 1906 - 1969
: Manos Brujos (Magic Hands)
- Biagi is known for his energetic and easily recognizable rhythmic style - which gave him his alias 'Magic Hands' - and set the standard of excellence for musicians and dancers
- He was born in Buenos Aires
- When he finished grammar school, he played the violin and piano - but found his skills lay in the piano
- In 1919, he started his musical career at the age of 13 by playing background music for silent movies (without his parents knowing!) - where he was discovered by a tango band leader Juan Maglio at the age of 15
- In 1930 José Razzano asked him to accompany Carlos Gardel on some recordings - Gardel invited him to join a tour of Spain but Biagi declined
- In 1935 he joined Juan D'arienzo's orchestra, in which he stayed for 3 years - he made 71 recordings with that orchestra
- When he left that orchestra, Baigi formed his own
- From 1938, for nearly 30 years, Biagi played tango, vals and milonga throughout Latin America
- Biagi's orchestra was extremely popular with the dancers of his day
- Biagi's orchestra was the first to appear on Argentinean television, in the early 50s
- Biagi died in September 1969
May we assist you in purchasing a beautiful pair of tango shoes?
ON THIS WEBSITE WE HAVE A HUGE VARIETY OF WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TANGO SHOES.
Please feel free to browse...