: Ricardo Tanturi
: pianist, director, composer
: 1905 - 1973
: El Caballero del Tango
- Tanturi's prominence lay in his famous orchestra, which for decades stood out, and some of his recordings have become classics
- He was born in Buenos Aires to Italian parents
- His first instrument was the violin, and then he moved onto the piano
- 1924 saw the debut of his career when Tanturi played the piano at clubs, festivals and on the radio
- In 1933 he formed the Los Indios sextet, which played at cinemas and theaters
- He recorded an album in 1937
- 1939 saw Tanturi's success when he placed Alberto Castillo into his orchestra - this was an instant hit, and together they cut 37 recordings
- In 1941 Castillo left the orchestra, which would never quite repeat its spectacular sound, though it did continue with Enrique Campos - recording 51 sides
- He died in January 1973
May we assist you in purchasing a beautiful pair of tango shoes?
ON THIS WEBSITE WE HAVE A HUGE VARIETY OF WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TANGO SHOES.
Please feel free to browse...