: Philippe Cohen Solal, Eduardo Makaroff, Christoph H. Müller
: electrotango compositions
: 1999 -
- Gotan Project is a tango band based in Paris, whose first albums are largely attributed as bringing Neo-Tango into being
- their first almus was Vuelvo Al Sur/El Capitalismo Foraneo in 2000, and their second is La Revancha del Tango in 2001
- The name of the band is vesre wordplay (moving the last syllable to the first) on the words Tango Project
- Their music has been very successful worldwide, and has features in a number of movies and TV shows
- Müller said once:
I was a fan of Ástor Piazzolla for quite a long time, without really knowing that was Argentinean Tango. Tango for me like many people used to be something corny because I only knew European Tango. I was working with Philippe (Cohen Solal) before on The Boyz From Brazil and other things and he brought this whole thing with him, we were both fans of Piazzolla, and basically we met Eduardo and he introduced us to the real Tango from Argentina which was a revelation. In the beginning the music was just experimentation, the first song was a cover of Piazzolla then we were using footage from our recordings and that’s how it started and then it became a real love affair.
- Between 2000 and 2008, Gotan Project has produced 8 albums
May we assist you in purchasing a beautiful pair of tango shoes?
ON THIS WEBSITE WE HAVE A HUGE VARIETY OF WOMEN'S AND MEN'S TANGO SHOES.
Please feel free to browse...